The lakes were dug out for sand and gravel in the 1930's and, thereafter, run as a Day Ticket Fishery for many years.
For 30 years, prior to 1998, the property was privately owned and used as a Trout fishery.
In recent years substantial improvements have been made to the fishery, including:
- Access to all lakes by car
- Hard car parking
- Overspill car parking
- 98 purpose-built quality pegs, the majority with car parking behind
- Comprehensively stocked lakes
- Comprehensive aeration system
- Oasis Lakes has been professionally constructed to a very high standard